Taralinga's Olive Oil and Orange Cake Recipe
Get baking with this delicious recipe!
Looking for an extraordinary gluten-free dessert recipe that stars our incredible Taralinga Olive Oil? You've found it! Our Gluten-Free Olive Oil Cake, infused with the zesty essence of orange and the nutty goodness of almond flour, promises a delicious, moist cake recipe. This cake is not just gluten-free; it's also dairy-free, making it a delectable treat for all.
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
- 2 teaspoons of room temperature coconut oil (for greasing the pan)
- ½ cup (105 g) of Taralinga Fruttato extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ cup (100g) + ¼ cup (50 g) of organic granulated sugar (divided use)
- Finely grated zest of 1 medium orange
- ¼ cup (65 g) of fresh orange juice
- 4 large egg yolks
- 2 cups (210 g) of blanched almond flour
- ¼ cup (30 g) of tapioca flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 4 large egg whites
- ½ teaspoon of cream of tartar
- Preheat your oven to 325ºF and prepare a 9-inch springform pan or cake pan by greasing it with coconut oil and lining the bottom with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine Taralinga olive oil, ½ cup of sugar, orange zest and juice, and egg yolks. Sift in almond and tapioca flours, baking powder, and salt. Stir to combine.
- In a clean bowl, whip egg whites and cream of tartar until they form firm peaks.
- Fold one-third of the whipped egg whites into the batter until combined, then fold in the remaining egg whites.
- Transfer the batter into the prepared pan and bake until golden and springy to the touch.
- Allow the cake to cool, then serve it with a dusting of powdered sugar, or with cream and berries if desired.
Indulge in the exquisite flavours of our Taralinga Olive Oil with this Gluten-Free Orange and Almond Cake. Celebrate every moment with the richness of Taralinga, and explore more delightful recipes and tips on our website. Elevate your culinary journey with the essence of Taralinga – where the magic begins with our olive oil.